Presence Orb is a dynamic and fast-moving technology startup. Their data analytics portal helps venue managers in retail, hospitality and leisure learn as much about how their visitors behave as online businesses.
This data allows managers to understand how visitors interact with venues, and use actionable insights to reduce costs, drive revenue, engage visitors and gain competitive advantage. The portal collects data on how visitors and staff use your commercial space, through mobile phone signals and customers’ existing wifi network.
In addition to passive data such as footfall, new vs returning visitors and dwell times, wifi splash paging allows managers to find out who their customers are, capturing information such as gender, age and contact information. All this data can then be used to engage with customers using surveys or email marketing campaigns, reduce operational costs such as staffing, increase customer engagement and drive revenue.
We are looking for a bright, dynamic and proactive intern to join our small team, and learn the inner workings of a tech startup by supporting in a wide range of business activities.
Any member of the team in a startup is expected to roll their sleeves up and pitch in when needed, and we’re looking for an intern who’s up for doing the same. Responsibilities will include supporting the Founder/CEO and Head of Business Development in their objectives. Job scope covers ‘owning’ specific regular tasks, managing autonomous projects and coordinating with members of the team on company strategies.
• Support in creation of sales documentation, proposals and presentations
• Support in development of new business strategies
• Support in the development of brand collateral
• Attend meetings with CEO/Founder and Head of Business Development when required
• Attend events with CEO/Founder and Head of Business Development when required
• Managing social media accounts and engagement
• Writing blog posts to tight briefs on topics including technology, data analytics, business intelligence, innovation, and the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors
• Manage customer data in our CRM system (training will be provided)
• Manage support data in our support ticketing system (training will be provided)
• Assist in preparation of scheduled reports
• Field inbound enquiries and deal with simple customer requests
• Learn and understand the business and the product in depth, to be able to think critically around new initiatives to grow the business and develop new initiatives (training will be provided)
• Collecting quantitative and qualitative data for/from marketing campaigns
• Performing market analysis and research on competition
• Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
• Strong organisational and planning skills, with the ability to work both alone and in a busy office environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Strong initiative and commercial acumen, so as to work comfortably in a team, as well as own individual responsibilities
• Passion for startups, business management and/or data analytics
• Willingness to travel if required
• Current enrollment in a business/marketing/data/technology related bachelor or master’s degree
• Experience blogging or copywriting
• Experience managing corporate social media profiles
• Graphic design skills
• Understanding of or experience in front/back end development
• Understanding of business development, sales and marketing techniques
• Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, online analytics and Google AdWords)
For all enquiries, or to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV.